TLDR; I survived 2020 and managed a few wins
What a year. What an incredible, awful, moving, emotional, massive year just to name a few adjectives.
I have had a lot of time on the computer this year. I have put in a lot of work as a distraction. Despite everything I managed a few wins this year. I figure I would focus on them to celebrate a little in general and celebrate this blog and the topics I may explore in the posts to come:
- Mentored six up and coming developers about improving their github and what I learned in kind.
Paring down my personal website with Parcel.js
- Took a Vue-CLI generator / PWA with a lot of dependencies and relative complexity down to one single index.html file built out with parcel.js
- Learned how to use it and became a fan; will compare to past experiences with firebase
- How I solved a performance problem in the field through applying some pagination and making use of existing PHP classes
Other Misc ideas for blogs not quite the same as wins but of general interest:
- Review of Julia Evan’s programming zines
- Learning curl and postman
- .editorconfig and save actions plugin in PHPStorm
- Using termux - Shell/Git on your phone!
- meta tag redirects using the refresh feature
- Tachyons CSS library
- About Pinboard, how I use it, its API and features / experience exporting
- Sequel Pro review
- Better Touch Tool review
- Spaced repetition