TLDR; I survived 2020 and managed a few wins
What a year. What an incredible, awful, moving, emotional, massive year just to name a few adjectives.
I have had a lot of time on the computer this year. I have put in a lot of work as a distraction. Despite everything I managed a few wins this year. I figure I would focus on them to celebrate a little in general and celebrate this blog and the topics I may explore in the posts to come:
- Mentored six up and coming developers about improving their github and what I learned in kind.
Paring down my personal website with Parcel.js
- Took a Vue-CLI generator / PWA with a lot of dependencies and relative complexity down to one single index.html file built out with parcel.js
- Learned how to use it and became a fan; will compare to past experiences with firebase
- How I solved a performance problem in the field through applying some pagination and making use of existing PHP classes
Full stack security
- I cant really talk too much about what I did but I can talk in the abstract about making progress on security issues in the field
Other Misc ideas for blogs not quite the same as wins but of general interest:
- Review of Julia Evan’s programming zines
- Learning curl and postman
- .editorconfig and save actions plugin in PHPStorm
- Using termux - Shell/Git on your phone!
- meta tag redirects using the refresh feature
- Tachyons CSS library
- About Pinboard, how I use it, its API and features / experience exporting
- Sequel Pro review
- Better Touch Tool review
- Spaced repetition